Saturday 24 January 2009

Rabbie Burns 250 year old today. It's shite being Scottish? Discuss

Renton in "Trainspotting" reckoned that it was shite being Scottish.



Not so sure myself.
On one hand we don't do ourselves any favours.
On the other hand we are capable of greatness.
I don't care where you go on this planet, this must be the best ever version of most beautiful love song ever written by anyone, anywhere.
Written by a Scot.
Sung by a Scot.



Is it shite being Scottish?

Nah, is it fuck. It's a great state of affairs.

Happy birthday Rabbie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rabbie from down under in New Zealand. ( check my blog and see how we celebrated it today -

kiwitravelwriter.wordpress.com

Am I still scottish after my family came here in 1873????

Alien Orders said...

Heather, your name suggests roots to the auld country.
If you feel Scottish then you are Scottish.

We accept you, one of us.

Do you have High Wall credentials though?